[aprssig] IGate FIlter for AMSATS?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Feb 26 09:00:47 EST 2017

Drats...  I forgot that the telemetry from the sats themselves are direct!
Grrrr...

So although this is a great idea, most of the APRS satellites all DO
transmit with a one hop path.  They are transmitted via APRSAT so that any
telemetry packet that might get heard by any other APRS satellite will be
digipeated once.  THis way we can get a two-hop over the horizon data.
First time I saw it, the ISS was over North Africa, and heard by PCSAT over
the atlantic (no one else in footprint) and the digipeated packet was heard
in Maryland.

So I guess maybe the held-until-not-seen-on-IS imight be the only solution
that covers all cases withouth having to be managed call-by-call?

Bob, WB4APR