[aprssig] IGate FIlter for AMSATS?

Jess Haas km6gvw at jesshaas.com
Fri Feb 24 22:07:19 EST 2017

Looks like Direwolf igates immediately for digipeated packets but holds
direct packets(10 sends by default) before igating when in satgate mode.
The manual also has an example of how to simply drop direct packets heading
to a satelitte.

>From the manual(https://github.com/wb2osz/direwolf/blob/master/
doc/User-Guide.pdf):

9.9.5 SATgate mode
If we hear a packet directly and the same one digipeated, we only send the
first to the APRS IS due to
duplicate removal. It may be desirable to favor the digipeated packet over
the original. For example,
you might be more interested in packets that have been forwarded by
satellites rather than heard
directly. For this situation, we have an option which delays a packet if we
hear it directly and the via
path is not empty.
When using this option, the digipeated packets will go to the server
immediately. The original, heard
directly, is sent after a delay, typically 10 seconds. Duplicate removal
will drop the original if there is a
corresponding digipeated version.
The configuration option for this feature is:
SATGATE
You can optionally add a delay time in seconds. The default is 10.
You can find more discussion here: http://www.tapr.org/pipermail/
aprssig/2016-January/045283.html