[aprssig] Standardized format of WX data in APRS?

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ac.rs
Thu Feb 16 13:18:58 EST 2017

On 02/13/2017 01:11 AM, spam8mybrain wrote:

> There are 3 more or less standard on-air formats:
> Weather instruments using any other format must be translated to one of these formats before transmitting on APRS.
> Hope that helps.
> Andrew , KA2DDOauthor of YAAC

Thank you. Now I wonder how to recognize which of those 3 formats are
used by a particular manufacturer. (Probably I am not going to purchase
from Davis or Peet Bros, but rather something cheaper from European or
Asian markets, and need to know what feature to look for, and what to
ask the producer.) Secondly, if a format needs to be translated to one
of those 3, is that a big issue for an APRS software author? Any view
from YAAC?

Misko YT7MPB