[aprssig] NMEA and WX stations

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ac.rs
Thu Dec 21 14:23:20 EST 2017

On 12/15/2017 01:26 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

> The most convenient and broadest supported weather information
> interchange that is APRS compatible is the wxnow.txt file.  If your
> weather station (or 3rd party) software can generate this file, most
> APRS clients can pick it up and beacon weather.
>
> Some software supports various native weather station protocols, but I
> cannot enumerate them personally.

> PS.  See also http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:weather-stations and
> http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Wxnow.txt

Lynn, others ...

I have checked those links. As I understood, at first wxnow.txt file
must be created. And it will only contain these 2 lines after the
weather monitoring starts for the first time. So it only contains one
data set. And if I want to get permanently updated data, does a new file
has to be created with every new data? Or is the file permanently
overwritten? Or is the new data appended?

Misko YT7MPB