[aprssig] WX data over Ethernet or Wi-Fi = Possible?

Nick VA3NNW tapr at noseynick.com
Tue Dec 12 15:15:10 EST 2017

Miroslav Skoric wrote:
> Having in mind that APRS software usually listen a WX device on a
> serial RS232 port or USB, I wonder if someone managed to feed the APRS
> software by using a temperature/humidity data logger equipped with
> only Ethernet and/or WiFi connectivity.

Straight to APRS-IS, sure. I'm not hitting the actual RF APRS at that
point though. See http://noseynick.net/wx/noseywx.html - or more
generally, "CWOP" http://www.wxqa.com/ - which includes a bunch of
non-hams talking direct to APRS-IS, using APRS formats etc but again,
not over RF.

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer;    sig at noseynick.net
Fecal matter will always hit the propulsive air turbine. It's a law of nature