[aprssig] APRS in Houston

Fred Hillhouse fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Tue Aug 29 09:46:59 EDT 2017

In the US, we have an emergency system that you access by dialing 9-1-1. For smartphones, data (GPS position) and voice are used. I imagine the 9-1-1 service is overwhelmed. Events on this scale will likely overwhelm just about any system.

Fred N7FMH

From: aprssig [mailto:aprssig-bounces at tapr.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Rich

I am left wondering why there is not an app in this day and age that people can not post a rescue needed and a location

Uber does this quite well

I can hear on zello boats talking to stranded people over mobile phone

Andrew

---