[aprssig] APRS in Houston

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Tue Aug 29 09:30:48 EDT 2017

I have been watching Houston with interest

Here we have a natural disaster of the magnitude far greater than the ems can handle

Citizens with boats are using zello like cb radio

People are writing down their address and snapshotting on their phone and posting

Then they are using a position reporting app to share their locations

I am left wondering why there is not an app in this day and age that people can not post a rescue needed and a location

Uber does this quite well

I can hear on zello boats talking to stranded people over mobile phone

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone