[aprssig] KPC3 Fix for Delayd Packets

Fred Hillhouse fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Tue Aug 15 15:26:05 EDT 2017

I found this on the APRS.FI blog. Maybe others can verify Matt’s results. If it is as simple as building the correct cable …

Matt Ackerman <https://www.blogger.com/profile/07288273364619867465>  said...

I was working with Kantronics support on this issue and I seem to have solved it by shorting the RTS and CTS pins together within my serial cable. (PINS 4/5 on DB25 and PINS 7/8 on DB9) I simply ran a jumper between the two. This appears to be an issue with how the APRS software and/or the AX.25 stack controls the RTS pin and shorting the RTS and CTS together prevents the software from holding the RTS pin low. If the RTS pin is at low voltage the KPC3+ will start buffering and does not get caught back up. I have been running mine for several weeks without showing this behavior again. Before I made the change it would happen after about 12 hours.

July 16, 2012 at 8:57 PM  <http://blog.aprs.fi/2011/03/kantronics-kpc3-considered-harmful.html?showComment=1342461464554#c7869470599134569351>