[aprssig] Cleaning up the Global APRS Satellite ground station network?- New Symbol

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 09:34:47 EDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 1:57 AM, Kenneth Finnegan
<kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> suggesting that we should be coming up with more robust ways to identify
> stations than them setting certain symbols

+1

Based on this and previous discussions, it seems obvious that a
station capabilities identifier extension is needed, something like
the altitude or PHG extensions.

/C=c1,c2,c3

capabilities would be a comma separated list of capability
identifiers, off the top of my head a 2 or 3 character sequence to
identify each capability, terminated by whitespace, /, or end of
packet.  Previous station identifier character pairs could be used,
but hopefully more readable acronyms could be devised to keep it human
readable for non-compliant stations (e.g. D700).

-Jason
kg4wsv