[aprssig] Fwd: Cleaning up the Global APRS Satellite ground station network?- New Symbol

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Aug 8 07:54:33 EDT 2017

Pardon the duplication, but this message didn't get out yesterday and I
wanted to throw my hat into the fray.  There's another copy of this
message pending approval with an attached picture showing the
number-overlaid lightning symbols.

On 8/7/2017 3:12 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:
> In particlar, has Lightening moved from the \J symbol to the new LI
> symbol?

Negative.  As a matter of fact, I'm using the original Lightning symbol
with numeric overlays to indicate how many strikes have occurred in the
past 10 minutes within a 6 character gridsquare. See the LS-* objects
being injected into firenet.