[aprssig] Antenna separation

david vanhorn kc6ete at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 20:20:31 EDT 2017

So, I'm about ready to push the button on this.
I'll be limited by the location spots available, but I have one more
question:

I'm intending to have the FTM-350 running APRS, and the IC-7000 running
voice on 2m/440
I know I should mount those antennas as far apart as possible, but given
the 50W output of each, what is the minimum separation for the safety of
the radios?

It's almost certain to end up with the 7000 V/U on the front mount point,
FTM-350 on the middle, and the 7000 HF antenna on the back.

I know the APRS will still punch holes in my reception on the 7000 VHF, but
I'm hoping to minimize that. My main concern is not having the front ends
damaged by the RF from the other radio.

--
K1FZY (WA4TPW) SK  9/29/37-4/13/15