[aprssig] It's that time again. (at least consider an EV)

Nick VA3NNW tapr at noseynick.com
Wed Apr 5 23:42:20 EDT 2017

Robert Bruninga wrote:
> And so we still have clueless people stuck in the
> gas-tank/gas-station legacy thinking who cannot conceive of the
> conveneience of simply plugging into a $15 simple outlet while parked
> and paying a fixed monthly rate.

Can you imagine if, every time your laptop ran out of juice, or your
smartphone, you had to take it to a special Laptton, Mobil, Texapho or
Sunopho shop, or perhaps a supermarket-brand one on the opposite corner
of the parking lot, a funny smelly outdoor shelter exposed to the
weather, squirt dangerous chemicals into it for a few minutes, in return
for maybe 25% of your credit-card balance, just so you could continue
using it for another few days?

Heck, even if it gave you twice, or even 5 times the use off a single
"refill", even if you could pick up a chocolate bar and a soda when you
go to pay, would you honestly DO that?

ABSURD! RIDICULOUS! Who are you kidding?!?

Obviously makes SO much more sense to plug it in whilst you sleep, or
when you're at work, or maybe even both.

So why DO we put up with that crap for our cars?!?

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer;    sig at noseynick.net
Jury: Twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.