[aprssig] It's that time again.

Shanon Herron ka8spw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 15:10:24 EDT 2017

Hi David,

After 5 Econolines in 35 years, I was FORCED to buy a Transit 150.  I now
have NO regrets after almost 2 years of driving one.  I went through the
entire process of learning the options, ordering, waiting and waiting and
waiting for delivery, then the installs.

I could go on for hours and probably write a book on my experiences.  I
also have tons of pictures and the up-fitters nearly 400 page, 38 MB, pdf
BEMM manual.  Dual AGM Batteries (what they use if you order dual) and 250
amp alternator are must haves!  Oh, and they are under the drivers seat!

 I have the following radios mounted with 5 antennas on the roof spaced
exactly 25" apart and a High Sierra HS1800 Pro on the hitch.  I also
installed a Fortin One, two way remote start/alarm system.  Radio heads are
stacked on a Pana-Vise mount.  Crew seat was a bear to install!  Next is
the CF-C2 Toughbook and mount.  Are we ever done?

Icom IC-D5100  144 & 440 D-STAR,  Larsen NMO2/70B
Icom ID-1  1.2GHz D-STAR, Diamond NMO for 1.2
Kenwood TM-V71  Larsen NMO2/70B
Kenwood TS-480HX  HF, HS1800PRO on port 1, Larsen NMO28 on port 2
Turbo-Tuner between 480 and 1800PRO
Kenwood TM-271A  144MHz APRS (KA8SPW-15), Larsen NMO2/70B
Kantronics KPC-3P with auto timer to shut off after 10 minutes after
shutdown of vehicle.

It would be best if we talked and I could then send you some pictures
directly to your email.  I attached one picture to peak your interest.
This is the wall right behind the drivers seat   I will be at Dayton, over
40 years!

73, Shanon KA8SPW
good at gmail or arrl