[aprssig] It's that time again.

david vanhorn kc6ete at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 15:21:44 EDT 2017

Never done.  Sounds like my expedition when I was doing skywarn.  Ham voice
rig, APRS rig, police radio (county issued!) lights... I got real good at
running wire in there.
I used to do car alarms, and unless the customer specifically wanted
something visible, you could not tell I had been there.
It was an area where the motto was "forget the siren, beware of owner".

I'm thinking a low roof wagon, but I probably will be looking at 2015 or
2016  I do a 30 mile RT to work, but the occasional 1000 mile road trip.

How's the roof for NMO or SO-239 mounts?  My expedition was apparently made
of reinforced tinfoil.  I ended up with a Ryobi weedeater blade and some
honking huge washers to mount the Diamond SG-7900.
That's the tallest mobile antenna they make.  When I asked what mount they
recommended, they said "We don't recommend this antenna for mobile use"....
I was tempted to ask what they did recommend that I do with it.

The mount worked out great, outlasted the car with no issues.   You might
find it on the wayback machine under "F-5 mount" and my callsign.

I might run FSJ1-50 this time though.

--
K1FZY (WA4TPW) SK  9/29/37-4/13/15