[aprssig] Questions about Callsigns Used in APRS

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 07:11:42 EDT 2016

Your cousins on the PropNET project (APRS on PSK31) are alive and well on 30 meters, Bob.  Here is the 48 hour 30 meter propagation map: http://propnet.org/catch3.php?band=HG&center=US&last=48&call=&maptype=G3&geo=&zoom=1

Pushpins with "30" are PropNET stations (IDing periodically and skimming all of the time).  The table below the map shows when the band is open/closed (because we ID 24-hours a day, we know).
Because we report directly via our own parallel servers (we use the exact same servers that APRS does, but host them ourselves...they are not linked to APRS' IS) and do not rely on AX.25 we are not limited as VHF APRS is.
Btw...most of our activity is on 10 meters...but you asked about 30. ;-)

Cheers,Ev