[aprssig] TNCx TCP/IP over radio

steve at dimse.com steve at dimse.com
Thu Sep 15 07:00:32 EDT 2016

What you call cruel bullying I call sarcasm. The fact is your posts are usually off-topic, and your questions almost always self-answerable. I've tried in many other ways to point this out to you. I have literally hundreds of answers I've written to your questions in my email archives, starting in 2003 when you were learning Perl and linux.

Early on I went way out of my way to help you, writing code snippets for you and pointing you in the right directions when I could. When you ignored the terms of service for findU and wrote a screen-scraper I was forgiving and gave you some good hints how to proceed without disrupting my server. I was still nice five years later when you did it a second time (granted it was probably because I forgot you had offended before, I'm not usually nice to repeat offenders).

But all that being nice got me nothing but more questions that had nothing to do with APRS and that could easily be answered with a Google search. So I stopped answering you, but you continued to ask them on the SIG. After a while I tired of these questions and, first by private email and then on the SIG, suggested you learn to find things out for yourself rather than bother the whole SIG with your off-topic questions.

I tried more than enough, over 13 years and with gradually escalating rhetoric, to get you to behave like the other members of the SIG. The only way to actually get your attention seems to be this; so be it. Each flurry of off-topic posts and self-indulgent "I want to try this next" posts will be met with my sarcasm. The last time you stopped for two months. I had hoped for more, but I guess I'm not surprised it didn't last longer.

If thinking it is bullying makes you feel better because you like to feel like a victim, feel free to wallow in your self-pity. But you are NOT an innocent victim of bullying.

Steve K4HG