[aprssig] D APRS

Peter Laws N5UWY n5uwy at arrl.net
Wed Sep 14 17:36:24 EDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Andrew Rich <vk4tec at tech-software.net> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have an ID 51 HT
>
> Can I get data out / in via the data port ?

Pretty non-specific.  Which data?  D-STAR?  GPS?

P 9-11 of the Advanced manual seems to indicate that GPS data can be
piped out the serial port.  Grep for "GPS out" in the manual.

Sadly, you can't put APRS strings out over the analog part of the
radio.  You can put them out over D-STAR, but you can't receive other
APRS data (only DPRS).  It's still a good radio, though, and I like
mine (ID-51A+).