[aprssig] FEMA- Flood gauges

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Sep 8 20:55:14 EDT 2016

FEMA (who have been heavly deployed to Louisanna for the past month) is
really, really interested in live flood data....  They asked what can APRS
do...

Well, Im working on a design, but anyone else is welcome to come up with
one too.  I want to tie an ON/OFF float switch to turn on a Tracker when
the water reaches an "interest" level and then report actual water height
every 10 minutes while above that level.  The tracker sends the data and
colors the icon green, yellow , red...

If the design is suitable, we can purchase a bunch of the sensors and then
let TAPR or someone distribute them so people can build these gauges and we
can show FEMA what we can do!

Bob, WB4APR