[aprssig] Digipeater Symbol Overlays

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Oct 18 15:51:15 EDT 2016

I concur Bob.  I suggested the differentiation for the Viscous
digipeater specifically because it DOES behave differently and not known
it can drive a local user to distraction.  If I'm sitting right next to
a (non-differentiated) WIDE1 digipeater that is actually Viscous, I
could wonder a long time why it isn't digipeating my WIDE1-1 packets
when in fact, I was also in range of a WIDE2 digi that was copying me
direct. Until and unless I hide from the WIDE2 digi while still in range
of the Viscous WIDE1 digi, I would never see it digipeat.

If the behavior is different, then the differentiation should be made
IMHO.  Saying it in comments or capabilities is nice, but that's even
more of a free-for-all land than the symbols.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Adding my $0.02 to yours.