[aprssig] ARISS back online?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Thu Nov 3 15:22:36 EDT 2016

If you didn't know there was a hardware failure in the ARISS packet system about three weeks ago. Two days ago stations around the world began hearing beacons from the ISS, but so far we have not had any digipeated packets reach the APRS Internet System.

I just listened to the one good (while awake) pass today from my truck and heard nothing, even though it is a mobile surrounded by trees I can usually work it. So I don't think it was active over the US.

There are beacons via Russia, Finland, Germany, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand, but nothing from the Americas. Is anyone still running a SatGate in any of the Americas or did everyone QRT? If the latter it may be time to put it back on.

Anyone else observe anything the last couple days?

Steve K4HG