[aprssig] Flaming AvMap G6

Jim Alles kb3tbx at gmail.com
Mon May 9 00:14:44 EDT 2016

Andrew, since you started out with some humor I hope you will forgive me
for this tongue-in-cheek comment:

This space weather alert tried to warn us, but who knew?:

Space Weather Message Code: ALTK07 Serial Number: 102 Issue Time: 2016 May
08 0558 UTC ALERT: Geomagnetic K-index of 7 Threshold Reached: 2016 May 08
0559 UTC Synoptic Period: 0300-0600 UTC Active Warning: Yes NOAA Scale: G3
- Strong NOAA Space Weather Scale descriptions can be found at
www.swpc.noaa.gov/noaa-scales-explanation Potential Impacts: Area of impact
primarily poleward of 50 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude. Induced Currents -
Power system voltage irregularities possible, false alarms may be triggered
on some protection devices. Spacecraft - Systems may experience surface
charging; increased drag on low Earth-orbit satellites and orientation
problems may occur. Navigation - Intermittent satellite navigation (GPS)
problems, including loss-of-lock and increased range error may occur. Radio
- HF (high frequency) radio may be intermittent. Aurora - Aurora may be
seen as low as Pennsylvania to Iowa to Oregon.