[aprssig] HF APRS ? - Followup (Stations Heard)

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Mar 13 16:01:11 EDT 2016

On 3/10/2016 1:34 PM, Clay via aprssig wrote:
> Any one still left on the old 30mtr APRS freq.?
> Clay AA3JY

If there is any doubt that 30 is still alive, this is a list of the stations my
home igate/webserver has heard in the last 10 days or so while I was gone on
the road trip to SW Texas.

The two lists reflect stations heard on conventional 300 baud AX.25 and on
PSK63/MFSK16 digimodes generated by APRS Messenger.  The asterisk after a call
denotes stations that I hear frequently/routinely; i.e. beacons 24/7.

Both sets were received simultaneously on my Kenwood TS-50 with a 500 Hz CW
filter on my homebrew 6-foot (1.8 meter) diameter magloop. Bottom of the loop
is about 10 feet (3 meters) above the ground.

I was seeing far more stations, on average, on my mobile setup's map than I
routinely see at one time at home.   30M propagation seems to be far better at
lower latitudes than in central Michigan.   (Home is at 42.74 N.  Average in
Texas was 31.50 N.)

Note that WA8LMF-2 and WA8LMF-63 are my own mobile stations heard at the home
station in Michigan while I was on the road in Texas and New Mexico.

=== Classic AX.25 Stations ===

AK4LM
K0WL-1  *
K2MO
K4AG  *
K5RAV *
K7MT-11  *
KB0WZI-11 *
KB3CXM
KB7ZDR-15  *
KB8UVN-9
KB9SGN-6
KD2JLY-9
KT4LH-1
N2PYI-3  *
N3DXC-1
N8QH-9
N9ZGE
OZ1PMX-10
PN3QC
SV1UY-10
SV2BBO-11
SV2HRT-9
VA3LSG
VA3PPI-4  *
VE2SIL-1
VE3FQH
VE3JVC-4
VE3LSG
VE3LSG-1
VE3MJM-4  *
W1JMC  *
W4KEL-10
W4TTU  *
W6OTH  *
WA8LMF-2
WB8SKP-1  *
WI2ARD
WX4NHC  *

=== PSK63/MFSK250 Stations ===

K0WL-63  *
K7MT-63  *
K8LEN-7
KB0WZI-63  *
KB3CXM
KB8UVN-63
W7KJ-63  *
WA8LMF-63
WB8SKP-63  *

__________________________________
Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

  _______ Windows 10 Outrages! _______
    <http://WA8LMF.net/Windows10_Info>

Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps