[aprssig] 9600 Baud Packet Network?

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Tue Jun 14 19:07:00 EDT 2016

Basically, the best bet is to go buy a bunch of wifi stuff.  Have a look at ubnt.com.  Then check prices on Amazon etc.  You just need a high spot in town without trees to aim at.  From the air, shoot low power 9k6 down on uhf and provide a gateway via web service interfaces that a software TNC could use to talk to storage or messaging services.

We have to get over looking for a one freq, one tech solution.  Not everything needs to be low power or battery power capable.

The APRS-IS demonstrates how we can switch between different techs and provide extremely wide area services accessible with locally operated RF networks.

As soon as you have 9k6 traffic shooting around pictures you are going to need 1m2 links.  D-Star could do that but WIFI is so much cheaper with 300x the bandwidth.

Gregg
W5GGW