[aprssig] E Coast 9600 baud backbone 15W radios (firmware?).

Erv Heimbuck erv at heimbuck.com
Wed Jun 1 17:26:59 EDT 2016

From: aprssig [mailto:aprssig-bounces at tapr.org] On Behalf Of Kenneth Finnegan via aprssig
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 14:04
To: Robert Bruninga; TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: Re: [aprssig] E Coast 9600 baud backbone 15W radios (firmware?).

I'm still a bit unclear; why are you trying to homebrew data radios with out-of-band PAs when you can get 25W UHF CDM1250s on eBay for less than $100 a piece? I've been converting all my packet stations over to CDM750/CDM1250s; the standard Motorola 16 pin IO connector is fantastic for packet.

--
Kenneth Finnegan
http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/

While I agree the Motorola radios make great packet radios at low baud rates, I am not sure how they will handle 9600.  I use the Radius in my Igate with grteat reliability.

Erv K0OTZ