[aprssig] kpc-2 audio input level help

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Mon Jul 25 15:07:00 EDT 2016

Hi Gang:

Have two tnc's here, one is pk12 running wonderfully.  My problem is my
KPC-2.  It works only on some signals.  I have it wired for my ft-8900
to its acc port so I can still use the other band for day to day vhf/uhf
ops when not using the tnc.

Is there ANY way to tweak the audio line level from the 8900 just a bit
so it can copy slightly less deviated signals?   I have only the
downloaded op manual which sort of covers the KPC1 all the way through
the Kam and KPC-4, but doesn't show anything at all about adjusting
input/output levels.

I'm hoping maybe a pot or a resister value might be changed or something.

As for the 8900, there doesn't seem to be any level adjustments for the
acc port audio.

thank you,

73

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken3