[aprssig] AT-Golden Packet 9600 works!

Peter Laws N5UWY n5uwy at arrl.net
Tue Jul 19 14:35:54 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Bill Vodall via aprssig
<aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:

> We know 9600 works.   It's been in use for 20+ years.  At least until
> it, most of packet and too much of Ham radio has been greatly
> diminished by megabyte broadband and the ease of clicking on a web
> page...

We could pull "radar coded messages" via Texnet from the Tulsa
forecast office that one of their folks would make available from the
PUP at the office.  We even had some sort of DOS program that would
animate them.  Except for the nodes that spanned the Red River, one or
the other of which was unreliable or maybe the RF path was, Texnet had
9600-baud connectivity across TX, OK, and AR (NW, at least).

In 1993.