[aprssig] High speed modems?

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 10:47:25 EDT 2016

> What we really need is a fully digital VHF or UHF radio modem, which enables
> us to do make one-to-one connections, and possibly some kind of one-to-many
> data transfers.

The UDR-X is coming soon.

  http://nwdigitalradio.com/

Since it's mostly a 'data radio' it will support the one-to-many modes
of bpq32, fldigi family, the old radio mirror software, etc.

Bit by bit the pieces of the UDR-X are coming together.   In many ways
it's the last best hope for Ham data...  It'll be 9k6 out of the box,
hopefully 56K in the near future and double hopefully double that data
rate soon.

73
Bill, WA7NWP

PS.  Full disclosure - I eat breakfast on Saturdays and party at
hamfests with the Northwest digital radio team.   No mercy is shown
and they are chained to their development station until the unit is
shipping.