[aprssig] IGate Registering for ANSRVR (Messaging failures)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 15 13:35:00 EDT 2016

I went back and looked.  Here are all the local IGATES that heard my
messages and the software they use:

W3AD-1 - Uses WX3in1
N3UJJ     - uses APRSIS32
WJ3K-10 - uses APRSIS32
W3ZHU-10 uses APRX
KE3RT-10 - uses Direwolf
KB1EJH-1 - only shows a KPC3 with ID of APN391

And so, since I sent my messages dozens of times and never got anything back
u ntil I finally sent a posit, then I would list all of these instances as
suspect and worth tracking back to their settings to make sure they are 2
way and/or are not hobbled by user settings:

WX3in1
APRX
APRSIS32
Direwolf..

The digi involved was only 5mi away in Baltimore, but all the IGATES were
mostly 30 to 100 miles away.  The two more local ones (within 20 miles or
so) were using APRSIS32.

So, Gordon, is there a setting in your APRSIS32 that is requiring the
POSITION in the LOCAL definition?

Bob, WB4APR