[aprssig] IGate Registering for ANSRVR (Messaging failures)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 15 13:24:18 EDT 2016

> .. you should configure your home station IGate as receive-only...

This is generally wrong.  ALL IGatges should consider the LOCAL AREA.  Who's
IGate covers the local area?  It should be the best and it should use 1 HOP
as the "local" criteria..

If someone wants to use their home station as an IGate for their own HT
coverage in and around their house, then they can still make it two way, but
limit its LOCAL definition to only stations heard DIRECT (not even one hop).
Then you can sit by the pool with your HT and have full global messaging
without your IGate addng QRM to the local area for anyone else in the DIGI's
coverage that is also messaging...

Bob, WB4APR