[aprssig] IGate Registering for ANSRVR (Messaging failures)

spam8mybrain spam8mybrain at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 13:16:24 EDT 2016

Well, in some jurisdictions (the United Kingdom comes to mind), unattended transmitters aren't allowed without special licensing. So there are some cases where an Rx-only I-gate is better than nothing at all.
Regarding the I-gating ability of my own software, YAAC,  it looks like it needs another update. Although it recognizes locality as being heard on RF, it doesn't check the hop count before considering it as local (anything heard on RF not using a third-party frame is local), and does not allow the local user to specify any digipeat aliases for Tx-I-gated packets.
Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO author of YAAC http://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html