[aprssig] Argent open tracker

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:14:31 EDT 2016

I have used Garmin GPS18 pucks with the DE9 Femail interface intended for
connection to PC's directly into OT+ devices without concerns for levels.

They have worked without issue.

If you hook a GPS18 up to a PC and verify that it is sending NMEA sentences
at 4800 baud 8N1, then it will work correctly with an OT+, OTUSB, T2, or T3.

That has been my experience with the GPS18's that have the DE9 Female
interface with OpenTracker devices. I have 4 GPS18's and have used them
with many different OpenTracker devices as well as Byonics TT3's and Knwd
APRS capable radios ( TM-D700, D7, D710, and D72 ). No additional level
sense or polarity modifications were needed.

Randy
WF5X