[aprssig] Argent open tracker

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 12:19:12 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Andrew rich via aprssig
<aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:
> Thats my point - they want to act at RS232 but they can only go TTL levels.
>
> RS232 height would be > 7 volts
> RS323 height would be < 7 volts
>
> Garmin
>
> RS232F is VCC
> RS232F is 0 Volts

Andrew,

The piece I'm missing here is your question/problem. What hardware do
you have, how do you want to use it, and what are you observing?

The Argent Data OpenTracker OT1+ uses a 2N7002 on the GPS RXD line,
which should trigger down to 1V. TTL levels from the GPS are probably
not your problem here. When I have used TTL GPS modules with
OpenTracker, I've had to invert the RXD line. If you have already
confirmed your data is the right polarity, maybe something else is
going on, but I don't have enough information about your setup to help
you find it.

https://www.argentdata.com/support/ot1plus-smt-1_5-schematic.png

Tom KD7LXL

P.S. Some posts from other times this has been asked that may be helpful:
(you, Jason, and I all posted in this thread!)