[aprssig] SATgates ? (again)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jan 24 18:28:05 EST 2016

I'm not trying to change the APRS-IS.  I'm trying to fix the satgate
problem by asking any author of IGate code to include a SATgate mode that
will ignore direct, undigipeated packets.  When any authors respond with
the feature, then we will have a SATgate we can recommend for people to use.

This is a SATgate only issue and it should not be included in terrestrial
operation.  Terrestrial APRS network has a different objective.

The people that we want to set up SATgates are Satellite folks first and in
far corners of the world and we want to eliminate this obscure problem in
that application by fixing it at hte SATgate..

Bob, WB4APR'