[aprssig] Emergency Power for Ham stuff

Fred Hillhouse Jr fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Wed Jan 20 09:31:00 EST 2016

Oh crap! Here I am in the midst of an emergency and my well-planned kit is
at home, or in the other car, on in another state, or not finished, or (and
the list goes on); thankfully I read somewhere that I can use laptop power
supplies for emergency power from solar panels.

It seems prudent to plan ahead for times that can be considered an
emergency. In the event there was no planning or you are in a place where
your well-planned kit is not, Bob's idea is sound.

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

  _____

From: aprssig [mailto:aprssig-bounces at tapr.org] On Behalf Of Kenneth
Finnegan via aprssig

Laptop power supplies with a diode are FAR from ideal for charging
batteries. Acceptable, maybe, but let's not forget how far we are from
ideal.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Robert Bruninga via aprssig