[aprssig] Emergency Power for Ham stuff

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jan 19 19:40:08 EST 2016

Ray VK2TV wrote…

> Are you seriously suggesting that hams tap into what is a potentially lethal power supply, without warning about the dangers such a scheme presents, not to mention the legal implications in places like Australia?

Don't throw a wobbly! I don't think Bob is trying to get Aussie blokes to zap themselves. They are probably used to plugging something into 230 VAC more often than they reach for a coldie. I would think most hams in Australia would be more safety-conscious around anything over 12 volts than the average crow eater. Of course, you wouldn't want someone with a kangaroo loose in the top paddock playing around with high voltage. Anyone should be as careful around high voltage as they would be handling  a trough lolly. At least there's an "off" switch for high voltage.

PS - what are the legal implications of powering a radio with a laptop AC adapter in Australia?

--
73 Keith VE7GDH
UI-View32