[aprssig] Extra hop? (yes, in old KPC3's)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jan 3 13:23:04 EST 2016

I havent analyzed the details, but any of the OLD 8.2 KPC roms will do an
extra hop.  I think they subtract the WIDEn-N hops by one each time but do
NOT mark the final WIDEn-0 as having been used.  So the next digi sees that
and digipeats it for one more hop and THEN it switches the
has-been-digipeated bit to cancel all further digipeats.  I may have the
specifics wrong, but the essence is true, that these older digipeaters do
cause an extra hop somehow...

Bob, Wb4APR

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Patrick Moyer via aprssig <aprssig at tapr.org