[aprssig] Aprs and big data

Chiefsfan2 chiefsfan2 at cox.net
Fri Dec 30 18:43:40 EST 2016

I would like to see more txt messaging used via aprs but most radios are very cumbersome to type a msg on. A small after market keyboard like the D-700 had would be nice. I'm not sure but I think the yaesu ft-400 fusion radio has a full keyboard on the screen. A store and forward txt msg system via the i gates we have would be great so if your radio is off you can send a a beacon and still get your msg. Maybe some of this could be done with some of these small tablet pc for mobile use?

   This (https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id922793622?pt=814382&mt=8&ct=how_i_email)  is how I Email now