[aprssig] water level gauge for APRS

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sat Aug 20 20:53:25 EDT 2016

> On Aug 20, 2016, at 8:03 PM, Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A better question is what do the component datasheets say about long term operation in a 100% humidity environment?

That's why I'd spend the extra money for the waterproof one, even for a throwaway it isn't that much more. Then it is easy to separate the electronics from the water.

I used a a pair of reducers to take the ID of the 2" pipe down to the diameter of the sensor (3/4" if I remember right was just a little tight and was sanded out), then a 2" F-F coupler and a watertight junction box for the battery and electronics. Potted out the top where the sensor attaches with some silicon caulk. All of this was shamelessly stolen from the Flood Advisor mechanicals.

Steve K4HG