[aprssig] water level gauge for APRS

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 20:03:08 EDT 2016

A better question is what do the component datasheets say about long term operation in a 100% humidity environment?

I'm not knocking sparkfun - I'm a long time satisfied customer. If you want a useful solution that's reliable enough to be an accepted tool in emergency situations, you'd better do some engineering design work instead of just scrounging cheap parts that seem to work on the bench.

If this was intended to be a throwaway to deploy during or immediately before an emergency with a service life of a week or three you're probably on the right track. If it's something the must be reliable and in the field for months/years, you may need to stop and think. And design.

-Jason