[aprssig] APRS Message Callsign SPEC- Ambiguity

SARTrack Admin info at sartrack.co.nz
Mon Apr 25 17:50:34 EDT 2016

> There is an unintended ambiguity in the APRS SPEC regarding the
> addressee in the APRS MESSAGE format.
>
> It was intended that the TOCALL of any transmitted message could be sent
> to ANY 9 character callsign field and this included mixed-case.

Hang on. Are you now talking about the Message _addressee_ field, or the
AX25 'Destination Address'?

The 'TOCALL' I read as the AX25 destination address, which in my case is
always "APSAR".

Please use the correct identifiers for the APRS spec.

SARTrack currently also locks the Message addressee field to uppercase.
I can easely remove this.

Please advise if you want that.

Thanks,

Bart Kindt