[aprssig] APRSpro iOS app

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Fri Apr 8 08:56:30 EDT 2016

* Jason KG4WSV via aprssig <aprssig at tapr.org> [2016-04-08 14:46]:
> Google BLE + iPhone. There are multiple examples of arduino blinky
> lights and buttons to demo the technology using BLE a out of the box
> iPhones and Apple dev tools.

It is well possible to implement something similar to KISS packet
exchange over BLE, and that would allow connecting a BLE TNC to both
Android (4.3+) and iOS devices. I've deployed a commercial project based
on BLE, that runs smoothly on both platforms against a Linux-based
BLE "peripheral" (server).

I've played around with the BLE TNC thought for a while already, and
I've even made a PoC using the TNC2 protocol and running on an APRS-IS
backend: https://github.com/ge0rg/bluetoothle-tnc

I'm going to write a proper BLE TNC spec as soon as somebody steps up to
do the hardware and firmware parts. Progress can be tracked here:

https://github.com/ge0rg/aprsdroid/issues/124

Georg DO1GL
--
APRSdroid - Open Source APRS Client for Android | http://aprsdroid.org/m