[aprssig] (no subject)

KF4LVZ aprssigZbr6 at acarver.net
Wed Sep 9 20:56:00 EDT 2015

On 2015-09-09 17:33, Tom via aprssig wrote:
> Hi Alex - KF4LVZ,
>
> Had to look you up on QRZ no info in your post.
>
> The DStar data has not stopped flowing in to the APRS IS.  My point is it's not flowing out by default to the IGate via the TCPIP connection as it was before.  Tom brought up a "software update" and I'm gonna look at that as the smoking gun.  That'll be the next check...
>
> I can run a filter b/*-A/*-B/*-C/*-D and see all the DStar machines fed back to my IGate via the server connection.  Before the software update I never had to do this...
>
> See my point now?

Yes, I see your point now and that's distinctly different from your
first message and has a lot more clues.  Instead of some nefarious
scheme to rid APRS-IS feeds of DStar data it appears that the parser is
simply behaving differently.  The DStar stations technically have
nonstandard SSID's (since they're not numbers).  If the parser became
strict about parsing valid SSIDs (meaning only an SSID of -1 through -15
or blank which would only work in over-the-air APRS packets) then it's
going to kill off all sorts of stations like WinLink (som of which end
in -WL), the DSTar repeaters (A-D), and others.  Seems like more of an
accident than anything planned.