[aprssig] Something like openaprs.net

Javier Henderson javier at kjsl.org
Thu Sep 3 13:58:07 EDT 2015

> On Sep 3, 2015, at 1:31 PM, Robert German via aprssig <aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:
>

> Hi,
> It looks like the openaprs servers are on autopilot and no longer working. My question is: does anyone knoe of a similar service that allows a “member” to insertobjects/icons at locations and then have them displayed od APRS maps. We have 2 dozen of our repeaters on the APRS maps by using openaprs amd since openaprs does not seem reliabe anymore I would like to “host” our icons somewhere else.

You can create objects on aprs.fi, but they will only appear on aprs.fi

You could also have someone local to you beacon those objects to APRS-IS, and then they will appear on aprs.fi, jfindu, etc.

Given I’m local and run an iGate, I volunteer to do this, we can take that part of the discussion off-list.

73,
-jav k4jh