[aprssig] unusual Terrestrial APRS propagation

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 16:33:10 EDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Robert Bruninga via aprssig
<aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:

> Remember, and IGate is *useless* for noting *anything* about propogation

All absolute statements are wrong.  :)     There is a small chance
that some unique DX packets will randomly make it through the system.
This is, I would guess, what the K12 propagation website relies on.

Hopefully our next generation IS will preserve and make available
dupes if only for local stations to enable better propagation studies
and network management.

> To know if you received something DX via RF, you must look at your own RF log.  Bob

It's fun to pick out some DX packets...   Somewhere I saved the San
Francisco region node broadcasts I received up here in the Seattle
area during a similar lift a few years ago.

73
Bill, WA7NWP