[aprssig] Not digipeating since moving to a new computer

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Oct 30 11:47:02 EDT 2015

The APRS-IS feed includes duplicate suppression.  Only the FIRST packet
received by any single APRS-IS server is stored.  Others are dropped as
duplicates.  So, if there's another IGate in range of your mobile that
is even slightly faster at delivering packets than your station is, it
will show as the station that received and gated your packet.

N7OJV-10 is an APRSIS32 instance which has a very streamlined code path
between receiving packets and delivering them to the APRS-IS.

You might want to post to the UI-View Yahoo group for details on how to
tell if your UI-View IGate is actually working.  The APRS-IS isn't going
to be very clear about it.

PS.  Digipeating is RF-to-RF.  IGating is RF-to-IS and IS-to-RF.