[aprssig] Chinese radios for APRS?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Oct 9 12:10:00 EDT 2015

We need a cheap radio for our Ham Radio Club (students).

I have not paid attention to any of the cheap Chinese radios.  But I think
maybe we can get some funds to buy about a half dozen radios for the club.
But I don’t want to make a dumb purchase.

So, I’d like a radio that has external connections for audio as a minimum,
plus DTMF memories…  Just about every thing else is just “radio”.

If there is a model that has some true DTMF memories (16 digits) then that
would be the DECISIVE factor.  I have heard that most Chinese radios only
have some DTMF signaling, but not memories.

Bob