[aprssig] Drones and Camera, etc

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Nov 30 21:20:23 EST 2015

On 11/30/2015 6:25 PM, Kriss Kliegle via aprssig wrote:
> The multi rotor copters are great for remaining on station or going to a known
> point in space and staying there. Obviously weight becomes an issue when loaded
> down with batteries, cameras, RF TXR's, etc.
> Cameras such as 'board cameras' (circuit board and a lense) can be had for
> small money and numerous resolution choices from EBay stores located in China.
> These make for a light weight, gimbled video setup.
> In the RC world, they call this FPV (First Person View) flying. The web is full
> of videos posted online of folks flying around as if they were onboard.
> 73 Kris's KA1GJU

For cheap FPV quad-copters, you might be interested in this one from
Monoprice.com .

<http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13993>

It's cheap ($125), lightweight, and currently out of stock, but I've got one on
order.

For my intended purpose, it's claimed flying time of 7 minutes on a charge
should be enough.

I want to evaluate whether it has enough lift to drag a light-weight
mono-filament fishline up and over a couple of tree branches at about 100' off
the ground. I would then use the monofilament to pull a 1/8" nylon twine
through the tree,  which in turn would pull an 18-guage polyethylene-coated
braided copperweld antenna wire.

IF this works, it will become part of my field day/emergency go-kit wire
antenna erecting tools, along with slingshots, etc.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

  _______ Windows 10 Outrages! _______
    <http://WA8LMF.net/Windows10_Info>

Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps