[aprssig] C4LL/XXX and 4U1EIEIO

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:54:51 EST 2015

There are restrictions on the callsign based on the technical aspects of
ax.25 networking (6 character alphanumeric case insensitive callsign
followed by SSID between 0 and 15 inclusive, no SSID is -0).  So all of
these

WB4APR/1S
> VE3MARINES
> K4HG/MM2

are not AX.25 compliant callsigns and therefore won't work over RF.

Legal requirements vary, depends on the equivalent of our FCC in your
country.  Based on my understanding of FCC rules, i simply add my callsign
in the comment field when using a tactical call.

-Jason
kg4wsv