[aprssig] APRS drones? and Camera?

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Mon Nov 30 09:41:57 EST 2015

Op 30-11-15 om 04:24 schreef Robert Bruninga via aprssig:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for an APRS drone?
>
> I'm not talking top of the line, but a modest coupla hundred bucks.
> Something with a wireless live camera and that has a position link that
> can be used on APRS or can carry an APRS payload.  Preferably has a GPS
> with taps to get NMEA out for a tracker?
>
> In addition to the forward looking camera TV link, I'd also like to have
> the payload capacity to add left and right cameras (2 more channels on
> 2.4 GHz) to enhance remote flying ability.
>
> Don't want smart-phone or wifi link.  Want regular RF and handheld remote.
>
> I dont think I need the hi-def megapixel camera...  Would rather have
> live video.
>
> Thought I'd ask here.
>
> Oh, and also looking for a reasonable "game camera".  The kind that
> snaps photos of deer in the woods, that I can hook to a tracker to
> transmit a "gotcha" packet when triggered..  But in my case, getting the
> picture of the guy that keeps defacing my wife's church's sign
>
> Bob

for the camera part, you will either need 1.2 Ghz or 5 Ghz downlinks for
video because almost all remote controll systems these days use 2.4 Ghz
and would get decensed by the video downlinks.

remote controll wise, stay away from the 30 dollar 4 and 6 channel
radios, something like the frsky 9x costs 60 dollar including reciever,
has 9 channels and very advanced mixing.

As for the drone, first you should define what you mean by drone, fixed
wing or multicopter.

You can find a lot of info on flite test and rc model review youtube
channels.

73 de Andre PE1RDW