[aprssig] APRStt and SAR... Revised proposal (a)

Bob Harris knineudx at gmail.com
Mon May 18 15:12:49 EDT 2015

Percent of assignment completed
Estimated time to completion of assignment

#5 would not change after the searcher left the staging area so might be
unnecessary.

Since the coordinates are used to record the track actually taken by the
searcher, the least significant digis are important. The group with
which I was affiliated for a couple of years used the 5 or 6 digits on
their periodic reports back to the search coordinator. It is important
(for legal reasons post search) to be able to have the most accurate
track possible. LE (law enforcement, in the case of New Hampshire, the
Fish and Game Department) requires accurate tracks to be archived.

Have you considered addressing SAR groups with your proposals and
getting their input? It is one thing for a bunch of hams to come up with
a method; quite another to have something that actually would be useful
and acceptable to those with the boots on the ground.

--

Bob Harris (K9UDX)
Longmeadow Bradford Torrey CD (2001-2014)